Share your top 5 and then nominate 5 people!
1. Thank whoever’s nominated you and share their blog link
2. Let us know your top 5 children’s books
3. Nominate 5 people to do the same
4. Let your nominees know you nominated them
I’m still relatively new to blogging so thought this would be a great way to get to know other like minded bloggers! I’m slightly obsessed with books generally and particularly children’s books as can think of nothing better than encouraging imagination and remember the special joy I got out of reading when I was younger.
So my top 5 (in no particular order!) are:
1. The Witches by Roald Dahl – I was completely obsessed with this book and Roald Dahl in general.What an incredible world his mind must have been!
2. Titch by the late Pat Hutchins I completely forgot I owned this book until I saw the sad news of her passing and remembered the countless times I’d read this book as a child. Beautiful illustrations and a wonderful theme of a little boy who wasn’t as bigcouldn’t keep up with his big brother and sister.
3. Whistle for Willie – by Ezra Jack Keats
A great story I used to borrow again and again from the library about a little boy who tries to whistle. I must see if I can get this book for my boys!
4. The Secret Garden- by Frances Hodgson Burnett
Absolute classic. Beautiful book about a girl who is an orphan and sent to live with her Uncle in a mansion. There’s a garden she’s determined to restore and a cousin she never knew existed.
5. Mrs Pepperpot Stories – Alf Prøysen
There were many adventures for Mrs Pepperpot. She could make herself shrink to the size of a pepperpot and talk to animals! Such a great series by a Norwegian author.
So I nominate
2. Norah Colvin